Chief of PAS said that artistes who are in involved in homosexual activites must not be allowed to perform.
Censorship is a growing issue in the country of Malaysia where many artistes have been banned from performing in relation to racial, moral and most popularly, religious concerns. While 5,000 Malaysian fans were relieved that a demonstration at the Elton John's Greatest Hits Tour concert in Genting Highlands in November 2011 was cancelled and his show went on, another bump has been found on this road - Islamic political party PAS on Tuesday urged the government to ban Elton John's 2012 KL performance, saying the openly gay British pop icon promotes "immoral" values.
"This concert must be cancelled. Artists who are involved in gay and lesbian activities must not be allowed to perform in Malaysia as they will promote the wrong values," Nasrudin Hassan Tantawi, chief of the youth wing of the opposition Pan-Malaysian Islamic Party (PAS), told AFP.
Elton John tied the knot to Canadian partner David Furnish in 2005 and both became parents to a child conceived using a donor egg and born to a surrogate mother.
Nasrudin said PAS did not plan any street protests to oppose the concert, but "will instead demand that authorities cancel the immoral performance to protect our society from social degradation".
In an unrelated matter, the reputation of Malaysian fans took a dip when drama broke out on Twitter-verse with the trending topic #MalaysiaSaySorryToVixxAndNuest after K-Pop groups Vixx and Nu'est had water bottles thrown at them while on stage and reportedly booed at the Shout Awards 2012.
Do you remember all the songs, videos and concerts of artistes like Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and even Linkin Park that became topics of discussion after having been censored and banned?
Follow us on Twitter (twitter.com/msnbuzz) and 'Like' us on our MSN Malaysia Entertainment Facebook page to get the latest celebrity gossip and exclusive interviews with your favourite local and Hollywood celebrities.
I'd probably gonna get alot of dislikes from them conservatives.
whoa, seriously chill man, you're comments are creating an image as if someone's biting you. And you know, apparently you don't seem to understand the difference between tradition and religion. Wearing red in a chinese wedding is a tradition NOT religion. Sort of 'PANTANG LARANG' in bahasa Malaysia, bukan soal agama k? And about this topic, if you involve tattoos with god's name in it, I think it's a matter of choice or maybe there's some kind of rule in your religion that says you can't, ok, that's fine with everyone else but you've also got to consider the fact that there are many other religions out there that doesn't forbid such doings.
Anyway, this is suppose to be a friendly site not a conflict of words. People will respect your opinions. Man, take a little easier.
- Protesting on Elton John/Adam Lambert concert solely cause he is a gay singer and putting aside his contribution to the music world. What is this. There are gays too in Malaysia or even in places govern by PAS. This is a fact. We cant change people sexual orientation. This is who they are. We need to embrace them even though they are different in a sense.
- MVs or songs got banned due to inappropriateness make me go WHAT. Seriously. What deemed to be inappropriate? How to define it in a standard where every single person in Malaysia accept it? Those songs and MVs might be banned but there is always a way for Malaysians to see them on the internet. So why bother banning when people have alternatives in finding them. We still manage to watch them
- Outfits are deemed to be inappropriate makes me LOL. We are in the 21st century. Cmon. I agreed that some do go overboard with their outfits *cough gaga cough* BUT please do not go to the extent of asking artists to COVER THEMSELVES ALL UP.
- PCD got fine for Indecency? Sensual elements? I seriously do not understand at all.
- Faizal Tahir DID NOT bare his chest when he rip his clothes open, he only shows his t-shirt with a S. Why censored?
- Erykah Badu did have the tattoo but dont you think the cancellation of the concert on the eve is too severe? Its not like she is bringing 'Allah' down or what. In another view, it is artistic.
I don't see the problem of wearing a black dress to a Chinese wedding.
ripping of the rights of freedom to choose ones preferred is another form of violence to me....
I dont know why they so sentive for what.ban this ban that,this cannot that cannot.
Why fight about religion? Do you really know the meaning of God and religion and both differences? If you want to fight for your God keep his commandment, do what is right. Fighting for religion but you’re not keeping the God commandment, what is the need? Even if you know everything about religion and you’re not following as it commanded, it’s a waste, so no need to fight about religion, so please just comment something useful for others to read and learn something good from your thought