The comedy-horror film has a star-studded cast that includes Diana Danielle, Amber Chia, Mizz Nina and many others.
'Nasi Lemak 2.0' director Namewee is back with yet another star-studded ensemble for his 1Malaysia-themed movie 'Hantu Gangster'.
The comedy-horror film also stars Diana Danielle, Farid Kamil, Dennis Lau, Mizz Nina, Noh Hujan, Dato' Jalaluddin Hassan and Dato' David Arumugam, Reshmonu, Sasitharan Rajoo, Miao Miao Bao, and Taiyuddin Bakar . Plus, watch out for Amber Chia's special appearance as a 'spirit hunter'.
Set in 1990s Klang, 'Hantu Gangster' follows TeSai (Namewee), an incompetent riffraff who somehow steals a cursed ring at a gangster's funeral. The ring is possessed by 3 spirits of former gang leaders from the Malay, Indian and Chinese gangs, trapped by a traitor who caused their deaths.
While the traitor plans more chaos and casualties among the gangs, the 3 spirits in the ring need TeSai's help more than ever to prevent even more bloodshed.
'Hantu Gangster' opens in cinemas nationwide starting August 9th, 2012.
70% of the film is spoken in Bahasa Malaysia, with the remaining 30% a combination of Mandarin, Cantonese, Hokkien and Tamil.
When asked why he chose Klang as the movie's setting, Namewee said, "because Klang looks like a gangster place."
Hmmm, not quite sure how Klang residents might feel about that!
Supermodel Amber Chia spoke about her role and said, "Thank you to Namewee for having me as the most pretty lady in the show, I love the makeup and clothes, thank you again."
Click on for a sneak peek of 'Hantu Gangster'...
- Namewee talks 'Nasi Lemak 2.0': People think I'm lucky but they don't know the problems I've had
- Serena C makes a splash at birthday charity bash