jcube
Sat, 13 Apr 2013 12:41:15 GMT | By Korea JoongAng Daily

Yesung’s enlistment date confirmed



Yesung

Yesung

Yesung of boy band Super Junior will be enlisted next month.

To serve his mandatory military duty, he starts his 23-month term on May 6.

He will undergo basic training for four weeks and then will be placed at a public office as a civil servant. The location will be announced after his training.

Due to his enlistment, he won’t be able to join the group’s first tour in South America.

The tour, “Super Show 5,” is scheduled to start April 21 in Brazil, then moves to Argentina, Chile and Peru.

Although many fans worldwide will show up to wish him well, there will be no farewell event for Yesung because he doesn’t want to attract media attention on the day of his enlistment.

Until he starts his military service, he won’t make any public appearances and will spend time with family and friends.

He announced his enlistment last month during the group’s concert in Olympic Park, southwestern Seoul.

By Lee Sun-min

CopyrightsⓒKorea JoongAng Daily, All rights reserved.

0Comments

Entertainment News

  • Lorde tasked with 'Hunger Games' soundtrack
    1/8/2014 6:26 AM - Agence France-Presse

    Pop sensation Lorde is pulling together the music for the next installment of "The Hunger Games," due out in November, the film's producer Lionsgate announced Thursday.

  • London's theatres in 'golden period' says study
    1/8/2014 6:11 AM - Agence France-Presse

    London's theatre scene is experiencing a "golden period," better attended than Premier League football and taking more at the box office than cinema in the capital, a report said Thursday.

  • Social media sizzles as 'Sharknado 2' audience grows
    1/8/2014 5:29 AM - Agence France-Presse

    Whimsical TV disaster movie "Sharknado 2" reeled in 3.9 million viewers, the Syfy specialty channel said Thursday, one day after the sequel's broadcast.

  • No Turkish actor would play slain Armenian journalist
    1/8/2014 4:02 AM - Agence France-Presse

    An award-winning Turkish-German director, Fatih Akin, says he dropped plans to make a film about an Armenian journalist murdered in 2007 because no Turkish actor wanted to play the lead role in a movie about the hugely sensitive case.

  • Paramount apologises after Ninja Turtles poster recalls 9/11
    1/8/2014 3:38 AM - Agence France-Presse

    Paramount Pictures apologised Thursday after publishing a poster of the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film that showed the characters jumping from a burning building, with its Australian release date -- September 11 -- printed at the bottom.

  • At Skywalker Ranch, the 'Force' of George Lucas is everywhere
    31/7/2014 12:42 PM - Agence France-Presse

    George Lucas, the man behind the mega-successful interplanetary saga "Star Wars," may well have retired, but his spirit looms large at the famous Skywalker Ranch.

K=pop Wallpaper Packs