Updated: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 15:00:00 GMT | By Bang

Taylor Swift's alleged intruder has charges dropped

A man arrested for trespassing at Taylor Swift's home has had his charges dropped.


Jacob Kulke, who was arrested for trespassing at Taylor Swift's home earlier this month, has had his charges dropped after it was decided the case would be a waste of taxpayers' money.

Jacob Kulke, who was arrested for trespassing at Taylor Swift's home earlier this month, has had his charges dropped after it was decided the case would be a waste of taxpayers' money.

A man arrested for trespassing at Taylor Swift's home has had his charges dropped.

Jacob Kulke was caught on the grounds of the 'Red' hitmaker's property in Nashville, Tennessee on December 14, but his attorney Sean McKinney says prosecutors decided against pursuing the case because it would be a waste of taxpayers' money and the singer's representatives ''did not see him as a threat''.

He told E! News: ''He is delighted. He wanted to prove that he didn't trespass and he is thrilled.''

Sean explained a number of factors contributed to the charges being dropped, such as Taylor not possessing any ''No Trespassing'' signs, and because the 24-year-old fan thought he was allowed to enter the property after he was allegedly given permission by the guards.

However, prosecutors do still have a full year to decide whether or not to re-open the case if new evidence or information comes to light.

Taylor - who is currently dating One Direction singer Harry Styles - is not thought to have been at home at the time of the incident.

Meanwhile, Kulke is due to appear in court on January 29 to fight extradition back to Colorado, where he faces probation violations including a burglary charge.

0Comments

Celebrity Gossip

more...

Celebrity Interviews

more...